Are you looking for new ideas on keeping students engaged in your Payroll Accounting class?
We’ve got some tips and techniques to help you change up your typical routine. There is no right (or wrong!) way to teach payroll, but we hope to help you optimize the results you can get this year.
Finding the time to research new ideas and solutions can be overwhelming, so we have created a series of webinars that we’re sure instructors will find valuable this time of the year.
Whether or not you are using a Labyrinth Learning Solution, tune in to a webinar to learn ideas, tips, and techniques for adding elements to your class, and improving student outcomes.
Join our webinar: 8 steps you can take to improve student outcomes in your payroll course to learn:
- Methods for implementing a practical approach
- Tips on maintaining student interest
- Techniques to help prevent students from feeling overwhelmed
- Issues associated with teaching payroll-related federal forms, various calculations, and state payroll nuances
- There will also be a live question-and-answer period at the end
Presenter Eric Weinstein, an instructor at Suffolk County Community College (NY), will share best practices for both in-class and online courses.
Friday, Sept 9, 2016
Time: 10am Pacific / 12noon Central / 1pm Eastern
Wednesday, Sept 14, 2016
Time: 1pm Pacific / 3pm Central / 4pm Eastern
Are you SURE you have the best materials for your course?
Our fourth edition textbook comes with eLab for automated assessment. Who doesn’t like to have automatically graded practice sets – and lots of them!
We think you’ll find that using our materials will provide your students with a significant advantage over their peers upon entering the workforce with the skills they need to be successful!
Our product manager, Jason Favro, will present our text: Payroll Accounting: A Practical, Real-World Approach, and all of the solution elements that are complimentary for both instructors and students.
Rick Street, Professor at Spokane Community College (WA) will join us to share his experience switching to Labyrinth, as well as the success he has had with his students using the this payroll accounting solution.
Join our webinar to hear about the:
- Table of Contents, and how our approach follows the payroll cycle
- Structure of the Labyrinth approach, including practice set and problem methodology
- Solution components and the ease of switching to Labyrinth
- Practical approach elements of the textbook that can help your students be more successful in the course
- eLab Homework Grader featuring automated grading of practice sets
Tuesday, Sept 20, 2016 1:30pm PST / 3:30pm CST / 4:30pm EST
Friday, Sept 23, 2016 12noon PST / 2pm CST / 3pm EST
Check out eLab – for automated assessment and grading!
If you think that the Labyrinth solution might be just what you need to kick-start your Payroll class into gear – then join us for our webinar: eLab Homework Grader.
- Set up eLab and the “ready to go” course for Payroll Accounting
- Demonstrate eLab Homework Grader (one eLab license comes free with every textbook)
- Explain customization features – set up the Practice Sets to best meet your class needs
- Create assignments and tests for student practice, for homework, and for testing.
We will have plenty of time to answer questions, and walk you through how easy it would be to switch to our Payroll Solution in time for January.
Wed, Sept 28, 2016 1pm Pacific / 3pm Central / 4pm Eastern